October Throwback: Posts in the month of October


We think of the month of October as the 10th month in the calendar year. However, the word october comes from the latin number, octo,  which means eight. In the Roman calendar, which is a lunar calendar, there are only 10 months, namely Martius (March), Aprilis (April), Maius (May), Iunius (June), Quintilis (Fifth), Sextilis (Sixth), September (Seventh), October (Eighth), November (Ninth), December (Tenth).

There are so much to remember in the month of October. Let’s not end this month without looking back to the good and bad it did for us. For my part, I give a throwback to the posts I made within this month. Here are the posts you might miss reading.

How to be independent?

Do you have a dash of confidence to stand on your own feet but helplessly don't have any know-how? Or, are you craving for freedom, unleashing the chain that binds you from your parents or guardian?... Read more.

Reading is the whetstone of quality writing.

Fond of writing? Then read and read and read a lot. It is a withstanding principle in philosophy which says, "You cannot give what you don't have." Read more.

Answer to the allegation against the Catholic Church: What are saints for?

It is a straightforward allegation against the practice of the Catholic Church of asking prayer to the saints which brings me to write this defense. Read more.

No to bad and curse words.

The words which come out from one's mouth show how his thoughts run. Words bear meaning. Even the single letter "a" and the longest word in the dictionary
"pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis" have for themselves the meaning that they bear with. Read more.

Pangako ko sayo.

This is the song I composed. Read more.

Why am I a Catholic?

Everyone has a concept of Divine, keeping each and every person worship the one we call God. Whether the religion we are into practices polytheism, monotheism, or theism, what puts us in the same point is that we have that concept of Divine. Read more.

How to keep your boyfriend love you in an LDR?

Bothered by the survey which tells that 75% of couples in a long-distance relationship fall down? Indeed it bothers me but not quite. Though 75% is high in its rate, there's still 25% to hope for. Read more.

Boredom at work? Hit it away.

So there you are at 7 in the morning coming in your office, bidding hellos to your office mates, sitting in your quite cozy chair, opening the screen and starting working. And, how you wish time ticks fast for you are that eager to go home. Read more.


Work at work. Home is home.

I have been dreaming of teaching in a well-established university and be called a professor. That was before. Now that I am working as a Lesson Developer in an Online English Tutorial Company, I change my old-time dream. Read more.

Age doesn’t matter in a relationship.

Is your partner five years younger than you? or ten? or twenty? It doesn't matter, I say. What matters is maturity. The old age which left its maturity behind in its young-town fixation would make its partner hanging around in handling the responsibility. Read more.

Communication is what we need.

Are you in a long-distance relationship, and having a struggle of settling it into assurance? Communicate and be open. Read more.

Infinity and Beyond

Don't find love. Let love find you. I have been on a year-long journey of tracking the way to religious life in the Order of Augustinian Recollect. I was a seminarian, and that's it - was. Yes. I was. Read more.

How to be productive at work?

All company demands productivity in their employees’ performance. Therein, they set a probationary period to know whether within that given time the trainee has improved or has gone the otherwise. Read more.

“The Omnipotence Paradox”: A Reflection

What would the world miss if there would be no religious?
This question rings a bell to me during our class in Sojourn. However, time flies that this skips my memory until that moment when I have to do a paper job. Read more.


“I Would Miss You”, says the world.

What would the world miss if there would be no religious?

This question rings a bell to me during our class in Sojourn. However, time flies that this skips my memory until that moment when I have to do a paper job. Actually, I don't imagine myself allotting any time answering this one. But for want of a topic to write about, I revert to this. Read more.
 
Less is More. Sectoral Exposure: Aeta

Living on top of the mountain is fraught with difficulties. That’s what we, formands of ten, forethought of that life as it was first described to us: scarcity, no electricity, long-water-fetching distance, the absence of comfort rooms, basking-under-the-heat-of-the-sun work in the field, deferred enjoyment from techno gadgets, and ten-day detachment from our relatively “comfortable” life. Read more.


LDR Problem Solved: Lack of Communication

No physical contact. No hugs and kisses. No sight (since we don’t do skype.) No holding-hands-while-walking. No close funny moments. But, all those sad part of the long-distance relationship we have to accept. Read more.


Ten things I learned from having a job.

I went out from the seminary for about six months now. Luckily, three days after I went out, I found a job. Now, I am enjoying my six months of working as a lesson developer. Here are ten things I learned from having a job. Read more.

Love at first sight.

All I thought before was that I would not experience having a girlfriend not by curiosity but by love. I had many crushes when I was still in my high-school years. But, I didn’t dare to court even one since I dreamt of becoming a priest. Read more.

Does God exist?

When I was still in the seminary, I learned the plentiful proofs of the existence of God. I learned the five ways of Saint Thomas Aquinas, the Ontological proof of Saint Anselm, Descartes’ reasoning, and much more I failed to remember. Read more.

LDR: Activities we did.

You may be apart from each other but this doesn’t hinder the party to be boring. Being in a long-distance relationship for a year now, here are the activities we did to fire up some laughter and enjoyment in our relationship even if we are a mile-away from each other. Read more.

LDR: What is commitment?

Before you choose to risk your relationship in a long-distance situation, make sure that both of you are committed. Many couples in the long-distance relationship shatter because in the very first place they don’t commit to being loyal. Read more.


How to be a good writer?

Writing is a basic skill that every student should know. They are taught on how to write the alphabet, on how to construct a sentence, until they are taught on how to compose a paragraph and later taught on how to make a speech. Read more.

LDR: How to handle fights?

Fights in a relationship make the relationship strong. This is not something couples should fear of. You should rather fear if your relationship doesn’t undergo any fights. Read more.


Holloween Special: Creepy Stories

Before Santa Claus comes to town, people around the globe celebrate the creepy, spooky, ghostly, scary, eerie Halloween. To be with the hit talk in this Halloween time, I will also share the creepy, spooky, ghostly, scary, eerie experience I had. Read more.

“Is God good?”: A Reflection

War. Famine. Typhoon. Flood. Earthquake. Hurricane. Volcano. Tsunami. Epidemics. Is God still good despite all of these? I am a great believer in God. I love him with all my heart, mind, and strength. Read more.

Three ways of knowing.

We have three ways to know. First is by experience. Second is by reason. And, third is by testimony. Read more.


“Jesus is God.”: A Reflection.

As a Catholic, I believe in the Triune God with three Divine Persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. And, in my so much wonder to the Catholic faith, I want to understand it. I want my faith to be strengthened by reason. Read more.
October Throwback: Posts in the month of October October Throwback: Posts in the month of October Reviewed by MarkandCharish on 12:01 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.