Have you missed your parents?

I am a son of a strong man and a beautiful woman. I’m proud of it.
I was in the seminary for five years. In that span of time, I was only with my parents in a year for about a week or two. Now that I am out from the seminary fence and currently am working, going home to visit them I cannot still do. I miss them so much.

My parents are strict, especially my mother. Because of that, I had many complaints when I was a child. I complained a lot about why my parents were so strict with us. I remembered the time when I knelt at the salted floor, and my two arms were outstretched with books on both ends. I remembered the mark at my back because of the belt lashed on me. I remembered the time when all my clothes were thrown outside our house. They were terrible memories. You can say it. But, not for me. They are the otherwise. They are blessings.

My parents, especially my mother, did that for my sake. I walked in a wrong way, they retraced me to the right one. My life was crooked, they straightened it. They disciplined me.

I was a stubborn child. I admit it.

Thinking back my childhood days, I realized that complaint is a no good. There’s no need of complaining about their way of raising me because they spent their lives building me. I would never have a structure of righteousness, of morality, of good ways, if not of them. They built me with a great foundation.

I miss my mama and papa so much. I miss the time when my mother wore a dress on me. I miss the time when I and papa happily played chess. I miss the time when my mother held my hand going to the market. I miss the time when my father taught me how to ride a bike. I miss them.

Have you ever missed your parents? Me? I have missed them so much. What about you?

Life is too short to waste wondering at other people’s life. Return to your parents. Stop complaining about how they raised you. The greatest wonder in this world that God has created is our parents.
Have you missed your parents? Have you missed your parents? Reviewed by MarkandCharish on 2:10 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.