Fears of the Night: The Shower

I was in my first year inside the seminary. Each year level assigned cleaners every night for the three restrooms of the seminary corridors in the seminarians' dormitory. We did this every night right after we finished with the night prayer at around ten in the evening.

All lights were out, and everybody observed Silencio Magnum as we called it--that means great silence. Nobody was allowed to chitchat and group along just to make noise.

The restroom cleaners worked silently, brushing and cleaning the tiles, the urination bowl, and the shower area with soap and water. We were five in each group, clustered according to the alphabetical order of our surname. We did this every night for 15 minutes; Afterwards, we went to our room.

One night, I went to the restroom right after the cleaners came out. The lights in the corridor were turned off except for the yellow light in the middle of it. I entered the restroom and opened the one on the left of the three toilets separated by walls. I was alone in the restroom.

Silent. So silent that the drum of the drops of water from the faucet filled the room. I lowered down my shorts and sat on the toilet.

One dropped to the accumulated water at the bottom of the toilet bowl; It sounded like a splash of a novice diver who slammed the body to the pool. The second fell off that echoed in the entire room.

Gurgled- a rumbling water sounded somewhere in the room. I was shocked to hear one of the urination bowls gurgled as if there was somebody using it and flushed right after.

I opened the toilet door and looked for somebody who had been using the urination bowl, but none was in there. I waited for more minutes for somebody to come out, but none appeared.

I reclosed the door, not taking seriously what just happened. I thought that the water just gurgled inside the pipe because of the air pressure inside it. Not a second after I closed the door, a shower turned on, splashing and bouncing the droplets on the floor of the shower room. I was surprised and hastily opened the door. The shower area which had three sections was closed. I didn't know which of the three had the shower running. "Hello," I said, audible enough for somebody inside the restroom to hear, but nobody answered.

I washed my butt and took up my shorts and flushed the toilet. I ran to the shower room and opened the one I heard with the shower running inside.

Nobody was in there but the shower was on. "Hello," I cried furthermore hoping it was one of the seminarians who just played a joke at me, hiding somewhere inside, but nobody replied.

Having small courage for paranormal events, I closed the shower and hurried out the restroom.

Fears of the Night: The Shower Fears of the Night: The Shower Reviewed by MarkandCharish on 11:39 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.