Fears of the Night: Eerie Doorknob

I was awake in the middle of my slumber. It was dim; however, I need not the darkness of the night to hear what made me sweat in cold. I heard the doorknob of my parents' room where I slept that night ticked as if someone was trying to open it. It was locked. I was sure it was because I certainly did before I turned off the light.

It tinged, it clicked. Someone must be outside the room.

My sister slept in her room. It was not her, I was sure because she would turn on the light in the living room and called my name for me to open the door.

I was all at sweat. Much more I sweat because I covered my whole body with the blanket. Then, I prayed the usual prayer I uttered every time I was afraid, and at the very moment I was done praying, the eerie noise stopped.

I thought the shivering paranormal halted, but not a minute that I closed my eyes to sleep, the doorknob again made a fearsome noise. I prayed again but it didn't stop. I held my courage and frighteningly walked towards the door. The noise accruingly became louder as I put my right ear. I couldn't check clearly with my bare eyes if the doorknob moved like someone was twisting it to open, so I held the doorknob with my right hand, and at the very moment, the eerie noise stopped.

Was it a coincidence that the mysterious sound stopped when I held the doorknob? Nevertheless, I did not reach my bed when the tick and ting of the doorknob sounded again.

With the courage within, I hasted to the door and held the doorknob; the sound, however, did not stop as what I had thought it would be.

I opened the door and listened to where the eerie sound sprouted. I did not turn on the light in the living room. I moved towards the main door thinking it came from there. Darkness covered the house, but it feared me not. I rushed to the main doorknob and stood at it; With the dim light that hovered the main door I watched the doorknob if it was the one making the eerie sound.

It seemed not moving but the sound came aloud in front of me. So I prostrated to the ground and peeked at the small leak under the door, but none was outside. The eerie sound of the doorknob was still audible in front of me. "This is very strange," I horribly thought. However, I had to investigate. I bravely held the doorknob and the ting and tick stopped. "Something strange is playing over me. This is not good," I said.

So I turned on all the lights I passed through and knocked at the door of my sister. "Do you hear the doorknob ticking?" I asked her, but she didn't hear any as she woke up and said.

I told her about everything and asked her to sleep in our parents' room. We were in high school at that time. It didn't happen again after that eerie occasion.

Fears of the Night: Eerie Doorknob Fears of the Night: Eerie Doorknob Reviewed by MarkandCharish on 4:58 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.